Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Redemption

Wehoo.

Did you know that touchngo is having promo on “20% toll rebate”?I think I made an entry on this during the raya month and guess what?

I already redeemed the rebates!

I know it may look not much but hey it will at least covers half month of my transport budget.Alhamdullilah.
So just wanna share with you guys (actually I did share this with some of my students but only half of the class was interested because they said kat “Sabah mana ada tol bah.” Heh.But hey at least the other half lives in KL and selangor so they might want to know about this rebate as well) that live in KL and selangor as these area are heavily built with highways and tolls hence I think this promo would more or less help us the citizen.

So how can you get the rebate?

You just use your touch n go card (smart tag also can la since it still uses touchngo card access) in any major highways in Malaysia(I think not all highways are joining this promo so you better check out from their website) and if you manage to use you card 80 times in a month you will get the rebate!

From where the rebate will be calculated?

Well it is basically how much you have used(in RM) for at least 80 transaction in that particular month.
So for example for 80 transaction you made is RM80 and you will get rebate 20% out of that which means you will be getting RM16!The rebate can only be claimed after 5th of the following month.
So if you have made more than 80 transaction, let say 100 transaction with total amount of RM200 so you will get RM40.

Best kan?

When I asked when will this promo ends, they said until further notice.
Actually this promo is initiated by the government.So bile gomen kate stop, so the promo will be stopped le heh.

I think the main reason the government is doing this is because many Malaysians do not use highways because they do not want to pay the tolls. Some highways/tolls are ridiculously charged. Bygkan to travel via NPE from bangsar to Sunway will cost you RM3.20 whereas when you travel via federal highway you do not have to pay anything!

So I think this is one of the gomen initiative so that people start using the highway more frequent so that the gomen can get back the money that they have spent to build the highways. Ye la.. da bina hiways yg makan duit berjuta2 and people are not using and paying back the cost, this will eventually merugikan pihak berkenaan.

So might as well they do a promo, so people will use the hiways and pay up via these tolls and they get back their invested money. I think the 20% rebate is only a small chunk from their profit so that’s why they dun mind giving back to the hiway users. But to us, 20% is quite a lot kan?

Anyway, if you frequently travel on highways, is the best time for you to utilize this promo

___________________________________________________________________

Ops saje nak tambah skit.

Actually before TNG can recogniz your transaction, you have to make sure that you register your TNG card in their website prior using it sbb kalau idak camne dorang nak tau kan?

So apa tunggu lagi, go and register lah!

No comments: