Wednesday, September 01, 2010

First best friend

Last 2 weeks I met my first best friend.
Why first?
Because she was my best friend during my primary years at BBGS.We got separated after she went to continue her secondary learning in PJ as her house was nearer compared when she was schooling at BBGS.
After that, we didn’t see each other until my wedding day.
So it was nearly 13 years after our first separation.
How did I get in touch with her after so long?
Through friendster le heh.

And that was the last time I saw her.On my wedding day.
Then we went on our separate ways again until I heard from my aunty she met with a very bad accident that almost took her life.(My aunty teaches in the same school as she is)
That happened back in year 2006 or 2007.
I don’t quite remember the exact year.

Being a bad friend, I didn’t even visit her.
Not when she was admitted at the hospital(for a very long time because she was severely physically and mentally injured) and not even at her house though her house is not far from my workplace.
I dunno why I was being such a jerk.

Until recently, I met with her again at her school which so happens to be very near to my nenek house(the house I am now staying).
For some reason, we were always so close and yet for many years we didn’t see each other or had our path crossed with each other.
Maybe it’s just fate.

So last 2 weeks we met again and since it was in the afternoon and it was in ramadhan month, so we just drove around Klang in my car and we talked and updated each other.

What I can remember most in our conversation was the things that happened to her life.
It shows how amazing how Allah SWT knows everything and plans everything for us perfectly.
She said that when she applied for UPU to enroll for her tertiary education, she applied for law and science course. Her first 4 choice was law course and the final one was the science.
And she said she used to have an ambition to become a pilot just like her father.(but I wondered why she didn’t apply courses that would lead to her ambition).
But to her dismay, she got TESL course in UM but she accepted it anyway and completed the course.
She said she was so thankful that during her university years, she traveled around.She has gone to places where she wanted to go and she said thanks to Allah, she been to the places she wanted to go before she met with the accident.

The accident somehow has affected her physical and also her mental state.

But to me she seems normal though she talks slower and has short memory loss.So she can’t recall everything I said to her.
She can only remember things that happened prior to the accident very well.She can even remember how she got the scar on her knee. She fell near the canteen sbb kejar aku heh.To tell you the truth, I can’t even remember that ever happen!
The memories after the accident was very vague to her.

Anyway, after she completed her TESL, she got a job as an English teacher in sekolah kebangsaan in Klang.
During our conversation, she said that somehow she was quite frustrated when she ended up with TESL course as she really wanted to become a pilot.
Then, I said to her that everything happens for a reason.
It is because of the TESL course, she becomes a teacher instead of a pilot at some big companies like MAS or Air asia or some other airline.
And if she were to become a pilot at any of these companies, by now, the company has probably sacked her due to her disability after the accident.
By being a teacher, she can still teach and the government still willing to let her to go to work and pay her salary though in reality she can’t really teach the children with her current condition.

She gave some thought and finally said, “Yes alhamdullilllah.Allah knows best”

And it really hit me.
I have always believed that everything happens for a reason and Allah SWT knows what’s the best for us.
But when something like this happens, then only we realize that the belief starting to become reality.
We believe because we have faith and don’t mean we have to see it with our own eyes to know that it is true.
But truly when something like this happens, it really strengthen the belief.

Well the moral of the story is, if ever something bad happen to us, please do not blame the God, as He always knows what’s the best for us.
Just pray to our God, insyallah He is always there and listen to you.
As when the doa will be answered?
It’s just a matter of time…and just keep on have faith in Him.

No comments: