Friday, June 24, 2011

What is your definition of success?

Some say when you become a GM at your workplace then it will be considered you are successful in life.
Some say when you have multiple of properties in your hands and can generate more than enough income for your family then that can be considered a success.
Some say when you have millions in you account that can be a successful life.
Some say when you have many kids you are successful in life.
Some say when your kids become successful in their life, you are successful in life.

But I think most of us focus or look into the monetary or tangible item in order to say someone has become successful in their life.

How about if you are a GM and have millions in your account but you do not have any kids?
Can that be considered successful?
That depends.

How about if you are a millionaire and you have kids but your kids are all spoiled and badly behaved?
Can that be a successful life?
That depends.

What's actually the benchmark or what can actually be the KPI?

I'm also not sure.
Success is very subjective and it depends on one interpretation of success.

Anyway, to me as long as I am happy and surrounded by my loving family who cares about me and love me, I think that will be sufficient.
If I have all the money in the world but love is absent, I think my life is meaningless.
I know money can buy anything...but not everything

As long as I can make enough money for my family(abundance of money would really put a big smile in my children face though :D) and have a healthy children and supportive husband who is always there when I need him the most, I think that would be enough.
Yeh you know, some husband are not always around.
Perhaps some of them had to go outstation for days..or even weeks for their works!And they couldn't be together everyday.
Some perhaps rather spend their time with their friends or business partners rather than spending time with their own family.
But hey maybe the good side is they have loads of money and their pay are good.
But again, at the end of the day, we need to ask ourselves, what do we really want?
If money and position are things that we look for in life, by all means that's what you should be looking for.

But please, do not compare your life and what you want in life with others.
You never knew what others have been through.
Perhaps the objective or the goals in each one of us is different....and therefore, the definition of success in ones life could be different too and of course will not be the same.
Do not expect people to be like you and when someone is not like you,please do not ridicule him/her or perhaps think that he/she is not in your league or setaraf dgn you.

That's what happen when we always find ourselves better than others and always look for others flaw.
As we tend to make sure that we are always better than others and we should deserve better.

My point for this entry is?
Nothing...just some ramblings that I have wanted to say for quite sometime ..:)

No comments: