I went to a course a few years back and the course name was ‘The 7th habits of highly effective people”.
The instructor encouraged us to read self-motivational books. And he said if you could at least read 1 self-motivational book in your entire life, do read “ La tahzan”.A book written by Dr Aidh bin Abdullah Al-Qarni which has been translated to many languages. It was originally written in Arabic.
And after so many years, finally I bought the book(Well it did not cost me much.Only RM19.90) but it took a while before I decided to buy and read the book heh.I bought the malay version.
Indeed it is a great book.I haven’t finished it.Half way through but it was really inspiring and motivating.Though I must say the translator tried to make direct translation and sometimes the sentence doesn’t make sense hehe.And sometimes the ayat taken from Al Quran also was wrongly translated.But not the entire book.Just some of it.Don’t worry.Well to be sure of the translation of some of the ayat, you need to refer to a tafsir.Just to be on the safe side .
Perhaps I need to buy the English version.We’ll see about that :)
So, the only time I can read the book is when I am commuting in a train.Other than that, my hands are just full. So of course I can’t finish read the whole book in 1 go. The good thing when you start read a book, you will start asking questions. The amazing thing about this book is the questions will always be answered in my next read.I am not sure whether it is a coincidence or what but truly, when you seek of knowledge that is beneficial to you, insyallah Allah will help us and ease the way.
Just to share, in my everyday dua after solat, I will always ask Allah for more ilmu so that I can teach especially my children. How can we possibly teach our children if we are still lack of loads of things?The thing with children is, they always, I mean always ask questions that made you stunt and had to scratch your head for answers.And I don’t usually have the answers heh.I hate to tell them, “I am sorry sayang, I don’t know.”But I always tell them I will find the answers though.
So I need to be prepared with ilmu.
Just a simple as this. When I teach aisy her Iqra, she always ask me”what is the meaning of the word (of course they are in Arabic)”? And every day I had to say “I don’t know sayang”.It really disheartened me and terasa rugi I didn’t learn Arabic earlier.
So now, guess I need to learn Arabic…well one of the reasons so that I can tell aisy what’s the meaning of the iqra she’s reading and also for me to better understand Al Quran.
It’s kinda funny to think that we can read alquran with full tajweed and all, but we don’t really understand what we are reciting. It’s like we can read and recite English with perfect American or British slang but we don’t know what we are reciting heh.
So my mission now is to learn arab language.So my first step is to look for courses or books that may help me to realize the mission.
May Allah ease and show the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment