Ok I just I don’t understand about hantuween.
Is that just a hype or really it’s a celebration that
should be celebrated in any of the religion in this country?If we were to read
from Wikipedia, it says that it is the second largest festival celebrated after
Christmas in US which prior to 19 century it was banned in US. But in 19
century somehow the celebration on this hantuween is accepted and thus from
there on it is celebrated …merrily.
That’s weird.To celebrate some witches and hantu.Wonder
whether that is something that need to be celebrated about.I don’t know. Just a
weird thing to be hyped about.
Anyway, since it is a hype, we can see in TV there’s
stories, movies about this hantuween. You see whatever that can make the products or services move very fast, it will always become a trend. It's all about $$ *grin*.
And of course since it is related to
hantu, it is a scary thing to be seen. And
because of that hantuness is being showed on TV, my children were terrified to
sleep alone at night in their room.Ok not alone..both of them sleeping in their
room.The parents(kami le tu) had to temankan dorang because they were afraid of
monsters, ghosts that would come out from their wardrobe or toilet…and they even
afraid of pumpkins!What a weird way to scare little children with…I mean….pumpkins?
Anyway, since then, we have blocked some of the channels. Well
most are cartoon channels le sbb those channel je dorang tgk. So 610 is the only
left channel.Oh we are talking about Astro channel here ye.
610 is TV IQ.
The children were quite upset about this blocking.Aisy
called me first thing in the morning when she woke up and saw the channel was
blocked.But after explaining on the reasons we did that, they were ok with it.Fuh
nasib baik le kan!
So the good thing about this is, Aisy watched loads of
scientific movies, series, cartoons and hence increased her knowledge in
science which is great! The other night(this is just after a few days watching
TV IQ secara marathon), Aisy can teach me about tongue. You see, at certain
parts of the tongue you can only sense a certain taste .For example, bitter
taste is actually sensed at the back of your tongue and the list goes on. Well
I learned that during my secondary years! Haha and now a 6 years old child
teach me that. Subhanallah!
And as for Alesya, since the channels are limited and she
doesn’t really into science thingy, she has started her interest to read!Masyallah!With
a simple decision to block those channels, I can see loads of good things
happen to my children. Allah’s plan is always at the right time and the right
place. I bought Peter and Jane series last month and didn’t receive it until a
day before I blocked those channels. And when I blocked the channels, fortunately
I have something to replace the TV with so that my children would be occupied with
something and would not disturb their great grandmother hehe. And Alhamdulillah,
Alesya can now read the 1a and 1b. And who taught her?Aisy le, who else.I think
Aisy can become a good teacher…J.
Prior to that, Alesya only knew her alphabets and we didn’t
really teach her on how to read either English or BM.We just focus on her
Iqra/Quran reading.We thought that reading English and BM can be learned when
she goes to her kindy next year.But thanks to teacher Aisy, Alesya can now read
her 1st book. *grin*
Well TV, has its bad and good side.In fact everything in the
world has its pros and cons. FB, internet, computers, you name it. For some it
might be beneficial but for some it makes them even worse. It is all about
choices.
Just to share, the other day I went to a parenting seminar
and they were talking about Khalifah method. This method is really impressive
where in whatever the child do, it will always relate back to her/his creator,
Allah. There’s also specific ways on how to praise the child in this method.I
really love this method to the bits. Because the objective of this method is
for them to understand that they are the khalifah of Allah and the purpose they
are sent to this world. This is what we called tauhid.To know who their creator
is.If the belief/tauhid is strong, insyallah if you feed your child with dos
and don’ts, they will accept and do it willingly without much question because they
will do for the sake of Allah. If they are already at that stage, do anything,
love anything for the sake of Allah, they can be where ever in this world and
they can survive and always be a good khalifah in this world, insyallah.
You see, for how long we can take care of the children?I
mean to what extend can we control our child’s behavior? To choose their
friends?to choose their choices in life? to ensure that they will live the life
we always wanted them to be? To tell you the truth, we can never ensure that we
can always protect the child, physically, emotionally and spiritually. The only
thing we can do is make/do the necessaries and the rest just make du’a and
leave it to Allah. We don’t have all the time to watch our child at school,I mean
we can’t watch them all the time whenever they are out there. It’s beyond human
capability. Takkan nak pasang CCTV kat badan dorang to see what they do, where
they go all the time kan? So the only thing they can survive in this world is
by giving the realization that there’s Allah that will always watch over you
and He will always know whatever you do. With this realization, the child will always
make the right choice if he understands this concept and we as parents will no
longer be takut2, risau or anything once we let out our children to face the real
world.
Last Ramadhan, I went to a talk by a revert.He was an indian
and married a malay woman and reverted to Islam.He shared with us on how he
felt when he first reverted to Islam. He said, “I am not converting to Malay
but I am converting to Islam”.Why he said that?Because the first thing he got
when he completed his syahadah at Pejabat Agama was a sarong *grin*
So after that everyone was telling him that he had to pray 5
times a day, he had to fast, he had to potong(you know what I mean) and he was
terrified!!!The dos and donts of Islam. He was being pushed about the fiqh, the
dos and donts in islam before understanding the tauhid.The belief. He even told
us that’s not how Rasullallah saw teached his new revert. Rasullulllah didn’t even
stress on the ibadah as he knew that the most important thing in Islam is for
them to understand the tauhid first.The existence of the creator.The 6 rukun
iman.The belief in those rukun.
Then only when the concept is understand, whatever the dos
and donts are fed to the new revert, insyallah they will accept it and do it
willingly.
It is the same thing with anything in this world. We need to
see the purpose of doing something, and we must believe in that purpose first.Then
only after that, whatever things we are told to do, we will follow willingly.
Wallahualam.
Anyway, there’s a lot of other Khalifah method that can be
implemented at home.
Perhaps I’ll share this in next entry ye?

No comments:
Post a Comment