Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Reading stuff

One of the blogs I read when I am online is this blog.

I started read her blog this year.(I think)

Not from the beginning of her blog which was started way back in 2004 (tak larat den nak baca sume entry die yg beratus2 tu) but I started somewhere in the middle and she is now a wife to an expatriate in Doha, Qatar and blessed with 3 wonderful children.
She’s a Malaysian by the way.

I browsed into some of the entry just to know a bit of her background which I think quite interesting and now I follow her entries as a silent reader(aku ni mmg suka stalk-blog people haha)

I learn a lot of things from her.Be it in nurturing the children in Islamic way and also some other things.I find her very witty and fun.She has so much love for her husband and children and people around her.She appreciates everything around her and she inspires me to become a better mother and Muslimah.

I love the way she relates Islam in her life and make Islam fun as a religion.
Not in the sense making fun(mempersendakan) of Islam but be proud and at the same time enjoy herself to be a Muslim.
She also questions some of the practice or anything in Islam(which I bet many of us do) but she will look for the answers and always tell it in a very witty and easy for us to understand in her own unique perspective. It is always from hadis and some trustworthy resources.
She can relate her life closely to the Islam way of life as some people might have thought that if you practice cara hidup islam then you’re not in the trend or hype or fashionable or cool enough.
As many of us today sometimes takut or feel so inferior to associate with Islam or even to look like a muslim as they are afraid that they will not be in high society or be respected by other religion.
They prefer to dress up like others so that others would be comfortable with them and eventually let them be in the circle.
As they think by tutup aurat is something that other people would think soooo not cool and outdated and may degrade their social impression.


Anyway, back to the blogger, she also used to be quite secular and despise people who look physically Islamic.She didn’t even like women who wears shawl to cover their heads due to her double standard thinking .(this is admitted in one of her entry but I can’t remember which entry).
I think she’s really an outspoken woman and speaks her thought out loud.

But now alhamdullillah, somehow I think Allah tunjukkan jalan and chose her to become a communicator to the rest of the world via her blog (though indirectly) that Islam is a wonderful religion and a religion that can be practiced at any time, anywhere and it is cool to become a muslim.

In today’s world we are commonly associated Islam with terrorism, discrimination, impoverishes and all the negative elements.But I think, we are just exposed to the mainstream media as their objective is obviously to give everyone the impression that Islam is just that.

Padahal aku rasa there’s a lot of websites or media that show the success of Islam, the beauty of Islam but they are not the mainstream and hence not well known to the majority of population.

If you seriously google or find something about Islam, you will find a lot of success stories came from Muslim and you can see the great side of Islam.

I belief the blogger, Lollies has been chosen by Allah swt(secara halus) utk berdakwah kepada kita semua secara tidak langsung thru her blog which I would like to share also with all of you.

You can feel her passion towards Islam and her family just from her words and narration.

So enjoy her entries!

No comments: